“This report offers an excellent overview of the many achievements and valuable resources PRSA provided its members, the public relations profession and the business community in 2010,” said Gary D. McCormick, APR, Fellow PRSA, immediate past chair and CEO of PRSA. “I’m very proud of how well PRSA served its members over the past year, and I look forward to seeing continued value coming from the leadership of 2011 chair and CEO, Rosanna Fiske.”
Key highlights from the report include:
- The refocusing of PRSA’s national advocacy efforts on the value of public relations, ethics and diversity within the profession.
- More than 3,000 professionals in attendance at the 2010 PRSA International Conference, “Powering PRogress.”
- A record-breaking year for the Certification for Education in Public Relations (CEPR) program, with 16 international and domestic college degree programs certified.
- Introduction of digital and interactive versions of The Public Relations Strategist and the PRSA International Conference brochure, as well as a re-launch of PRSA’s popular daily industry newsletter, Issues & Trends.
- Development of strategic partnerships with NASDAQ, the NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies and the International Association for Measurement and Evaluation of Communication (AMEC).
- Advocating on behalf of the value of public relations in a number of respected publications, including The New York Times, The Financial Times, AOL News and Advertising Age, among others.
With more than 31,000 members, PRSA is the largest organization of public relations professionals and students. PRSA is comprised of 112 local Chapters organized into 10 geographic Districts; 14 Professional Interest Sections that focus on issues, trends and research relevant to specialized practice areas, such as technology, health care, financial communications, entertainment and sports, and travel tourism; and the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), which has more than 300 Chapters at colleges and universities in the United States and abroad. PRSA is headquartered in New York.