Some of the tips Frause provided include:
- Have the firm's CEO set an ethical tone and expectations of ethical practices for all agency work by instituting a zero-tolerance policy concerning the proliferation of unethical practices.
- Use established ethics codes from the PRSA, Word of Mouth Marketing Association and other resources to study industry-related issues concerning ethical guidelines within an agency setting.
- Ensure buy-in from employees and clients by discussing the decision to adopt an agency ethics code and its value.
- Incorporate ethics within your agency's values and/or mission statement.
- Use ethical missteps as teachable moments for staff.