New York (Feb. 15, 2012) —
The PRSA Foundation
, a nonprofit organization associated with the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA), bolsters its 2012 board with four new trustees who are industry leaders in a multiyear effort to have a greater impact in assisting students with scholarships, funding research grants for scholars and sponsoring education campaigns that demonstrate the role of public relations in serving the public good.
The newest trustees join a seasoned cast of board members strategically recruited for the past several years.
“These board members bring tremendous diversity of perspective and valuable expertise that will help the Foundation grow its resources to provide scholarships for public relations students and fund valuable research and public education initiatives,” said PRSA Foundation President Gail Rymer, APR, communications consultant with Rymer & Associates. “They join a group rich in recruits from the past several years who bring experience from the nation’s top corporations and public relations firms.”
New trustees include:
- Helen Ostrowski, APR, chair and CEO (retired), Porter Novelli; adjunct professor, New York University Master’s in Public Relations & Corporate Communications program; and senior adviser, APCO Worldwide.
- Travis Parman, APR, principal, The Parman Network;,former vice president of corporate communications, PulteGroup, the nation’s largest home builder; previously held leadership roles with Ally Bank, General Motors and Lockheed Martin; Public Relations Student Society of America national professional adviser, 2006 to 2010.
- Judith Phair, APR, Fellow PRSA, president, PhairAdvantage Communications, Maryland; former vice president of communications, Graduate Management Admission Council; previously held senior leadership roles with the Council on Competitiveness, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute and Johns Hopkins University; 2005 PRSA president and CEO; and 2010 PRSA College of Fellows chair.
- Kirk Stewart, executive vice president, APCO Worldwide; former global vice president of corporate communications, Nike; previously with MSLGROUP, TRW and Burson-Marsteller; Arthur W. Page Society and the Conference Board’s Council on Corporate Communications member; and Institute of Public Relations trustee.
“The Foundation is fortunate to have some of the most senior level influencers in the field contribute their time and counsel to enhance the reputation of the entire profession through education,” said Rymer. “I am eager to work with them to maximize the impact we can have on public relations education and research, and consequently, the reputation of the profession.”
Continuing this year is President-Elect Lou Capozzi, APR, Fellow PRSA, chair, MSLGROUP (retired), adjunct professor, New York University. Capozzi will spend his second year on the board evolving the Foundation’s strategic plan to focus on acquiring more resources that can be leveraged in the interest of public relations research and scholarly endeavors.
PRSA board liaisons serving one-year terms on the Foundation board include:
- Jane Dvorak, APR, Fellow PRSA, president, JKD & Company, Inc. of Lakewood, Colo.
- Diane Gage Lofgren, APR, Fellow PRSA, senior vice president, brand strategy, communications & public relations, Kaiser Permanente, of Oakland, Calif.
- Mark W. McClennan, APR, senior vice president, Schwartz MSL of Waltham, Mass.
- Elizabeth Pecsi, APR, Fellow PRSA, director, executive communications, Unisys of El Cajon, Calif.
About the PRSA Foundation
The PRSA Foundation
is an independent, 50l(c)(3) charitable organization that strives to enhance the role of the public relations industry in serving the public good by raising funds to support scholarships for public relations students, research projects that support the practice of public relations and public education initiatives that build greater awareness among business and government leaders about the role of public relations in serving the public good.
For more information regarding the PRSA Foundation, its activities and its full board of trustees, visit PRSAFoundation.org