The Williamsburg, Virginia Institution is the Fourteenth School to Implement the Course
NEW YORK (April 23, 2015) – The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) announced today that The College of William and Mary has agreed to offer the organization’s MBA-Level Strategic Communications Course.
The class will be offered through The College of William and Mary’s Mason School of Business MBA program. The course guides business students in reputation management fundamentals and instructs students on topics such as corporate communications (internal and external), integrated marketing communications, investor relations, corporate social responsibility (CSR), government relations and crisis communications.
“We are thrilled to add another prestigious business school to our ever-growing list of colleges and universities offering the PRSA MBA Strategic-Level Communications Course,” said Kathy Barbour, APR, 2015 National Chair of PRSA. “Through the College of William and Mary, future business leaders will learn to be better communicators and will work more strategically with communications professionals in business across the globe.”
The course was formally launched in the fall of 2013 by PRSA and five leading business schools following the completion of a successful pilot program. With the addition of The College of William and Mary, there are 14 schools participating in this unique program.
“Communication and business go hand in hand and that’s why communication has been a part of our curriculum for years,” said Ken White, College of William & Mary’s Associate Dean for MBA and Corporate Programs. “PRSA has done an outstanding job working with MBA programs across the country. We are proud to be a part of the team.”
To best meet the needs of each business school’s MBA program, the turn-key course is offered in full semester, mini-mester or seminar formats. Schools interested in the course can obtain information through the PRSA website at http://www.prsa.org/learning/mba/.
About the Public Relations Society of America
PRSA is the largest professional organization serving the U.S. public relations community. With a mission to “advance the profession and the professional,” PRSA provides news and information, thought leadership, continuing education and networking opportunities; sets standards of professional excellence and ethical conduct; and advocates for the business value of public relations and greater diversity among public relations professionals. Based in New York, PRSA comprises 110 local Chapters; 14 Professional Interest Sections that focus on specific industries and practice areas; and the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), which is active at more than 340 colleges and universities.
Participating Colleges and Universities:
- The College of William and Mary Mason School of Business
- Tuck School of Business Management at Dartmouth
- University of Kansas School of Business
- Kennesaw State University
- Robert H. Smith School of Business Management at the University of Maryland
- Kellogg School of Business Management at Northwestern University
- Fisher College of Business at Ohio State University
- School of Business at Quinnipiac University
- Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University
- Opus College of Business at the University of St. Thomas
- Graduate School of Business at Stanford University
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications and Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University (joint offering)
- College of Business Administration at University of Texas at El Paso
- College of Business and Economics at West Virginia University